5 Tips for Early Tax Preparation
Westchester tax preparation firm Herman & Company CPA’s has all the answers to your personal finance questions!
Earlier is better when it comes to working on your taxes. The IRS encourages everyone to get a head start on tax preparation. Not only do you avoid the last-minute rush, early filers also get a faster refund.
There are five easy ways to get a good jump on your taxes:
- Gather your records in advance. Make sure you have all the records you need, including W-2s and 1099s. Don’t forget to save a copy for your files.
- Get the right forms. They’re available around the clock on IRS.gov in the Forms and Publications section.
- Take your time. Don’t forget to leave room for a coffee break when filling out your tax return. Rushing can mean making a mistake and that can be expensive!
- Double-check your math and Social Security number. These are among the most common errors on tax returns. Taking care on these reduces your chances of hearing from the IRS.
- Get the fastest refund. When you file early, you get your refund faster. Using e-filing with direct deposit gets you a refund in half the time as paper filing.
For more tax tips and information, visit our website at http://www.hermancpa.com, or call us to speak directly with experts at our White Plains accounting firm, 914.400.0300. Proudly serving all the towns of Westchester County, including Armonk, NY, Bedford, NY, Mt. Kisco, NY, Rye, NY, Scarsdale, NY, and beyond.
Leave a Comment